Saturday, November 3, 2012

That Warm Fuzzy Feeling...

Video games.  It seems like you either love them or you hate them.  Personally, I love them.  The thing that bothers me the most about the haters is that they are either ignorant about all the positive that can come from a video game or maybe they just feel like the negative outweighs the bad?  I disagree with that though.  Video games, just like every other past time/hobby/etc., has its fair share of idiots who make bad choices and do stupid things.  What people need to realize is these people were morons before playing the video games.  Oh, but what about little Johnny who wants to copy everything he sees in Grand Theft Auto?  First off ESRB ratings are listed right on the games, with the reasons why they are rated that way also printed (surprise) right on the game.  It's the same concept as not letting your child see a rated R movie.  Okay, so it's Daddy's game and he plays it all the time when little Johnny is around.  Then it's Daddy's fault for being an irresponsible parent.  Video games are not responsible for people making bad decisions, dumb people are.

Lately, I've heard a lot of good come from video games that gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside.  I just came back from a large fighting game tournament where I baked a bunch of cookies for free with a donation box set up.  Every person that got a cookie donated money.  The amount of people that were genuinely interested in where I planned on going with making cookies was overwhelming.  There was a girl who came all the way from Canada to play in the tournament and another girl she doesn't even know let her stay over her place so she could catch a bus the next day.  It's a tight knit community where you are taken care of.  How amazing is that?  I hope to be at as many gaming events as possible from now on because I had no idea how awesome the local community is.  Here are my cookies from the event which I hope I will be invited to many more to come!

From the left clockwise: Servbot, Hulk, and Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment