Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Spice of Life

Let me start this post out by saying I am a very indecisive person.  Whether its deciding what to eat or if I have to pick between buying 2 different pairs of shoes (or both or neither because I probably shouldn't be buying anymore shoes haha), I can't ever seem to make up my mind without wondering what if?  My hobbies are the same.  I have gone through a various assortment of interests, baking being one of them.  However, one thing that has remained a constant in my life is art and I believe that is why I adore decorating so much.  Sure, I have my lazy days where I could've baked and didn't but once I get started I always wonder to myself what was I griping about in the first place?  It's something that has become a large part of my life both at work and in my free time.  I, for the first time in a long time, feel like I've found something I truly enjoy and want to make work for me.  It's both relieving and terrifying at the same time because now that I know what I want to do where do I go from here?  There's a long road of trial and error and there's no guarantees but I guess that's the spice of life.

This afternoon I worked on some sample cookies to show to a friend for her wedding.  I've noticed a lot of bloggers, once they get big, go back and delete their old posts.  Maybe its to look more professional or who knows what the reason is really.  I personally think that its silly.  I like to see where I've come from and what did and didn't work for me.  I think these cookies are a good example of that.  I started out decorating with a small tip and you can see that the designs (white cookie with blue details) are more shaky than with a larger tip.  She loved them and I'm happy too.


No comments:

Post a Comment